|Link to job advert|
|Application deadline: 23. December 2019|
Summer Internship 2020 - Renewables
We’re Equinor, an international energy company with a proud history. Formerly Statoil, we are 20,000 committed colleagues developing oil, gas, wind and solar energy in more than 30 countries worldwide. We’re the largest operator in Norway, one of the world’s largest offshore operators, and a growing force in renewables. Driven by our Nordic urge to explore beyond the horizon, and our dedication to safety, equality and sustainability, we’re building a global business on our values and the energy needs of the future.
Equinor is always looking to attract the best and most qualified talents. The world will need a lot more energy and lower emissions in the years to come, and we are determined to be part of the solution. It will be a challenging task but we believe that with the right people, passion and curiosity, it is possible.
Equinor now powers more than one million European homes with renewable offshore wind from four offshore wind farms in the United Kingdom and Germany.
Equinor is building material offshore wind clusters in the UK, the US North East and in the Baltics. The company commissioned the world’s first floating offshore wind farm in 2017 off the coast of Scotland and is positioned for future floating wind options in several geographies, including UK, Norway and Asia.
Our summer interns work on challenging, engaging and rewarding tasks. Activities may vary according to your competence profile, assignment and business needs.
Successful candidates will work within one of these six areas
Business Development (Japan)
• Business development with a technical focus towards renewable technology and particularly offshore wind.
• Assessing potential for venture capital investment within renewables
• Technology and market insight within renewables
Research and Technology (Bergen, Oslo, Trondheim, Stavanger)
• Technology research and development related to further improvement of the offshore wind business, energy storage and emerging technologies
Safety and sustainability (Stavanger)
• Renewable development projects, stakeholder engagement and supply chain within offshore wind and solar
• Operations and operational excellence within offshore wind. Finding solutions to maximize electricity generation safely and efficiently.
Information Technology and Digitalization (Oslo)
• Digital technologies to support safety, increased value creation, reduced carbon footprint and enabling new business models.
No more than 1 year of full time relevant experience (please note research under a PhD are not be considered relevant experience).
Have completed at least 2 years of relevant bachelor studies by the time of the commencement of the internship, and are currently enrolled in a relevant study programme.
Fluent in English
International work and/or study experience preferred
Extracurricular activities and/or voluntary work is an advantage
Operations and maintenance
• Electrical engineering
• Mechanical engineering
• Relevant education in Automation, process data analytics, simulation, predictive analysis and machine learning is an advantage
Research and Technology
• Solar technology, Floating solar technology, Offshore wind, Floating Wind, Hydrodynamics and Marine structures, Energy storage, Wind turbine technology
Business Development / Ventures
• Strategy, Innovation, Business Analytics, Economics, Management
Safety and sustainability
• Process safety, Technical safety, Energy and environmental science, Material science, Social science, Medical studies, Psychology
Information Technology and Digitalisation
• Data analytics, Data science, Artificial intelligence
• You adhere to our values and our safety expectations
• You have good and proactive communication skills
• You are a positive team player with the ability to work and deliver results in a diverse environment
• You have a positive attitude to take on new challenges and adapt to dynamic environments
• You have a global mindset
A global career kick start. Our summer internships give you the opportunity to get valuable hands-on experience in a truly global energy company, build your professional network across borders and disciplines, and develop yourself on a personal and professional level. We encourage you to take advantage of the many opportunities our global company offers, exchange ideas and learn from others.
Wellness and work-life balance. Our employees’ health and well-being are a priority and we appreciate that our employees have commitments outside of work. Whether for family or individual needs, flexibility is important to us all. We recognise that in order for you to be the best version of yourself in the workplace, being able to collect your children, attend a class or simply enjoy social time can be invaluable.
An inclusive culture. We believe embracing our differences makes us stronger and an inclusive culture is a vital part of our working environment. Diversity for us embraces experience, competence, age, gender, education, cultural background, religion, sexual orientation, disabilities, and more – everything that helps shape our thoughts and perspectives. True inclusion means being able to bring your whole self to work, and for everyone to feel accepted and valued.
To ensure an efficient recruitment process, please be informed that you may apply for a maximum of three summer internship adverts. Please state your order of preference and priority regarding discipline and location in each application
Make sure that we are able to give your application consideration. Please make sure that when applying, you attach the following:
• CV/ resume in English
• Cover letter
• Transcripts of records (or other documents describing subjects and grades) obtained to this point during your studies in English or Scandinavian language. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript.
Applications submitted without these attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated
All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
This position could be relevant for other locations. Your exact assignment and location will be decided based on our business needs combined with your interest.
Our values are to be open, collaborative, courageous and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Equinor. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team next summer.
For technical issues and other queries please contact us at GM_internships@equinor.com